Everyone, due to the ongoing pandemic, safety concerns, and travel restrictions the SymCentral Board unfortunately had to make the tough decision to postpone the 2021 Conference. However, we are finalizing the plans for the 2022 Conference which will be in person & still in New Orleans! We are also strongly considering some virtual events throughout the year! We miss you, please stay safe & healthy! More updates will be coming soon.
We’re excited to announce the newly elected officers of SymCentral!
- President – Joe Knapton, Educators CU, Racine, WI
- Vice-President – Eric Sheldon, Advia Credit Union, Parchment, MI
- Secretary – Heidi Barris, Michigan Schools & Government CU, Clinton, TWP, MI
- Treasurer – Brenda Taylor, Generations Federal CU, San Antonio, TX
We also want to welcome Nate Weiland, of Blackhawk CU, Janesville, WI as a new director-at-large.
Our SymCentral Board has been closely monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 virus the past couple of weeks and have made decisions based on the best information. Given the current unfolding global pandemic, the number of cases of COVID-19 in New Orleans and elsewhere, and the Louisiana Governor’s recent emergency order, we feel the only acceptable course of action is to postpone the 2020 SymCentral conference .
We are in the process of navigating this unique situation and what that means for all our credit union participants and all of our exhibitors who have invested with us in this event. We will continue to provide updates to our community once more information is known.
At this time several items are still in the works, including the following:
• We are attempting to re-schedule this conference with the Jung Hotel for a week in March 2021.
• SymCentral Refunds: We are working out the logistics of refunds and will provide more details soon.
• Hotel Room Reservations: Refunds to the Jung Hotel will be handled by the Jung Hotel in as timely a fashion as they can handle (we’re not the only event that is cancelling with them). If you booked through the booking link on our site, please be aware the hotel will cancel your reservation for you; and they ask that you do not reach out to them directly. If you did not book through the link, please notify the Jung Hotel.
Be on the lookout for another communication from us soon! If you have further questions please feel free to reach out. If we don’t respond right away, please be patient. Thank you for your understanding in this unprecedented time!
We are now accepting applications for Associate Directors.
Please download a copy of our application and send a completed copy back to info< at > symcentral.org.
The committee will review all applications submitted and will reach back out for any additional information.
You can find us all over the place!
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/realsymcentral/
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/symcentral/
LinkedIn | https://www.linkedin.com/company/symcentral
Twitter | https://twitter.com/realsymcentral @realsymcentral